You may have heard of the Loxwood Joust and you may also know that last year they started hosting drive-in movies and held their inaugural film festival. Now, the Loxwood Drive-in Movies team is proud to add Drive My Car: The Beatles film festival to its 2021 programme.
The festival will feature three major feature films about the band:
A Hard Day’s Night
The Beatles’ first film, released in 1964, this became the defining ‘pop music film’ format for the era. It was nominated for two Academy Awards.
The Cavern: The Beat Goes On
Documentary about The Cavern Club, the beating heart of Merseybeat where The Beatles were first discovered by Brian Epstein. From its evolution as a jazz club in the 1950s to the new Cavern that stands there today, the Cavern Club still celebrates live music.
Looking for Lennon
Nominated for a National Film Award, this documentary tells the story of John Lennon’s traumatic childhood and adolescent years through the people who knew John personally.
And there’s more
The fun doesn’t stop there and you can also expect a fully immersive experience with:
- Two more Beatles films, including the upcoming “Here, There & Everywhere” preview and award-winning short film “The Beatles and Us”.
- Live music from top tribute band The Dung Beatles, plus other artists performing acoustic sets.
- Sculptor Andrew Edwards brings his replica iconic John Lennon statue from the Liverpool waterfront as well as his new bust of Brian Epstein that he is working on. He will be doing a presentation and talking to guests.
- Expert talks, with speakers that include Beatles historian David Bedford, author of “Liddypool: Birthplace of The Beatles” and consultant on “Looking for Lennon”.
- Excellent food and merchandise – all Covid-secure and enjoyable from the comfort and safety of your car.
- Other short films, guests, and speakers to be announced.
Loxwood’s diverse programme of drive-in films offers a crystal-clear sound delivered through an FM transmission to each individual in-car stereo system. An on-site food delivery service means you can order hot food and cold food and drinks directly to your car.
Camping available on 17th July @ Loxwood Meadow. For the full schedule, please visit www.loxwooddriveinmovies.co.uk or see the Facebook page @LoxwoodDriveInMovies
Tickets £65.00 per car, Camping £30.00 per pitch from www.loxwooddriveinmovies.co.uk